Monday, September 5, 2011

Parmesan broth makes me happy.

This is one of my favoritest things to eat lately. It's easy to make. Throw a parmesan cheese rind in a pot of hot chicken broth with a couple diced cloves of garlic. Simmer for 30-45 min. Remove cheese rind. Fin.

This is even better as a soup. After the rind is removed, bring the broth back to a boil and throw in some pasta, cooking per instructions on box. My favorite veggie to add is spinach because you can just plunge it into the hot broth after the pasta is done cooking and give it a stir. That wilts it enough. Asparagus is also good, but has to go in about 7 minutes before the boiling is done.

I defy you to not love eating this.

2 comments:

JR said...

My attempt to defy you is destroyed by the deliciousness of the bowl of parmesan broth you had waiting for me.

mm said...

Victory is mine!