Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Purge of the Day: Miscellaneous Jewelry


This was traumatic because there was a ton of stuff that was unusable that I was keeping for sentimental reasons. Or really ugly that I was keeping for sentimental reasons. I had to be tough. Am I going to wear this again? Yes or no? As per usual, the no pile got divided into trash or donation. 

I read a fantastic tip a while back: if you’re sentimental about something you’ll never use again, take a picture of it and give the actual object away. It saves a ton of space. I thought about doing this with some of the jewelry, but then I thought to myself, “I never want to look at a picture of that.” So why was it so hard to purge it? In any case, it’s gone now, and I am the teensiest bit calmer and happier than I was when I woke up this morning. And I’ll probably start wearing jewelry more because I can actually see the things I love when I open up my jewelry box. Yay!

I hope your Tuesday is shaping up well. Tomorrow, I'm gonna bombard you with more wedding, 'cause those are our standing Wednesday plans, yes? You didn't agree to those plans? No matter. THOSE ARE OUR PLANS. And Thursday, I'm gonna try to help you finish your holiday shopping. See? This blog can be nice sometimes, too.  I now leave you with one of my favorite Etsy finds this week: 


I'd like to institute this policy.

No comments: