Monday, April 16, 2012

Purge of the Day: Old Silverware


We got a big set of matching flatware for our wedding and it's more than we're ever going to use at one time, so today we gave away everything that pre-dated it. Jonathan bought the set in the picture in college. The old flatware is perfectly fine, but getting rid of it freed up drawer space and made it so that we never have to look for matching forks when setting the table. Because all the forks match now. Did that go without saying?

I still have this weird knee-jerk reaction that it's wasteful to give these away. I'm not sure where that comes from. When you think about it, it's much more wasteful for me to have too many forks than for me to have enough forks and someone else to have my extra forks. If it sounds like I still have to convince myself, it's because I do. No idea why!

No comments: