Tuesday, June 5, 2012
Two things. First, a pluot is a plum-apricot hybrid. Second, I hate to be the one to tell you this, but Game of Thrones is gone until NEXT YEAR. HOW WILL WE LIVE? Here's a recipe for something wonderful. The drawback is that you need access to both a juicer and an ice-cream maker.
1 tbsp lemon juice
1 cup sugar
1 cup cold water
1) Halve and pit pluots. Run them through juicer, skin on.
2) Combine sugar and water in saucepan and heat, stirring until sugar dissolves. Cool completely.
3) Stir pluot juice and lemon juice into pan.
4) Pour mixture into ice cream maker and freeze (or mix or spin) per instructions. Below is the ice cream maker I have. I let it do its spinny thing for 30 minutes.
4) Ripen in freezer two hours.