After much experimentation, I present to you:
YUM!!! Snickers pie! Here is the recipe Jonathan and I came up with. To make up for the pluot sorbet, this pie is no-bake and requires no special tools. A hand mixer or stand mixer would make it much easier, though.
about 3/4 regular size package of chocolate sandwich cookies
(Oreos would also be yummy, but we used Joe Joes with chocolate filling)
2 tbsp butter, melted (adjust up or down per your preference)
1/4 cup caramel ice cream topping
1 cup heavy whipping cream
1 cup creamy peanut butter
1.5 8oz packages of cream cheese
2 tbsp sugar
3-4 Snickers bars, sliced
1) Smash the cookies. We did this by putting them in a gallon bag and beating them up.
2) Stir the smashed cookies and melted butter together. If the consistency is too crumbly or dry, add more butter.
3) Press cookie mixture into bottom of pie tin and up around the sides.
4) Drizzle caramel ice cream topping into pie crust.
5) Whip that cream until thick and fluffy, and set it aside.
6) Mix cream cheese and peanut butter until smooth and uniform in color.
7) Mix in sugar.
8) Mix in whipped cream just until combined.
9) Spoon peanut butter mixture into pie shell, and smooth out to sides.
10) Place Snickers pieces around perimeter of pie. If you have any chocolate crumbs that came off of the candy bars while you were chopping them, further dice the crumbs and sprinkle them on the pie.
11) Refrigerate until ready to serve.
Share it if you can!