Well, you know I had to do something special with those fresh Goji berries. My initial plans were either to dry them or to just snack on them for the next couple of days, but neither of those options seemed quite exciting enough. I mean, come on! Goji berries! So I made some scones, and served them with a dollop of the insanely delicious créme fraîche that also came in The Box this week.
Of course, these can be made with any small berries you have on hand. Be warned: I don't usually prefer a traditionally dry and crumbly scone, so this may have a tiny bit more moisture than what you're used to. Here's my recipe!
Fresh Goji Berry Scones2 cups flour
1 tablespoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 cup plus 1 tablespoon sugar (divided use)
1 cup whole milk
1/4 cup unsalted butter, melted
3/4 cup Goji berries
1 egg white
1. Preheat oven to 400.
2. Whisk first three ingredients plus 1/4 cup sugar together in large bowl.
3. Add milk, butter, and berries to mixture.
4. Stir until dough binds together.
5. Lightly flour your hands and knead dough until it's a little stretchy (about a minute).
7. Cut the disk into eighths (like unto a pizza) using a butter knife or dough cutter.
8. In a small bowl, whisk together egg white and 1tablespoon sugar.
9. Brush mixture over scones.
10. Place scones on a baking sheet and bake for 16 minutes.
I'm not going to lie. I just ate one of these in the middle of writing this. Have a happy weekend!