Thursday, January 31, 2013

PopSugar Must Have: January

PopSugar Must Have is a lifestyle subscription box. Subscriptions cost $31.67 to $35/month, depending on plan.

 1. Timebomb watch by Remix, 2. Lip balm by Epicuren, 3. Three ThinkThin bars, 4. Hot Chocolate on a stick by Popbar, 5. Jet-Puffed Mallow Bits

 6. Stability ball by Merrithew

 A closer look at the watch, which I received in black...

 ...but traded with a lovely fellow subscriber to get the pink!

It's massive on my wrist, but that makes it more adorable, if I may say.

 This box also came with a $15 voucher to use at Casetagram, a site where you can customize phone and tablet cases.

I had the same initial reaction a lot of others had to the significant amount of food in the box. I was really excited to try the hot chocolate on a stick, after the delicious-ness that was the hot chocolate on a stick from Ticket Kitchen in last month's Hammock Pack. It was also amazing.

 I was skeptical about the marshmallows, because I don't eat a lot of processed foods, but they were kind of too adorable. They're in the same kind of plastic shaker that powdered Parmesan cheese comes in, and they taste exactly like Lucky Charms marshmallows. 

I wasn't particularly excited to see the ThinkThin bars upon opening the box, but they were pretty good, and came in handy, as I'm a person who frequently forgets to eat. The coconut one was my favorite. It tasted like Mounds.

I've wanted a stability ball for a while, but had no place to put it, so getting one in the mail was exciting, but still has not solved my problem. I will figure this one out.

 The lip balm feels great on. A lot of people around ye olde internets have been complaining that it smells like Vick's, but I think it smells like henna. Not that that's the best smell ever, but it doesn't bother me quite as much. Also, remember henna? During that massive purge of my parents' house last spring, I threw out the remnants of my henna tattoo supplies. Oh, 90s.

I think the watch is cute. I've seen feedback to the contrary from people who are outraged to see this in the box, because they only ever wear neutral-colored business casual attire. My life is not like their lives, I suppose. Big world out there? I get it if it's just not someone's style, but I think it's reasonable for PopSugar to assume that most people wear casual clothing at some point. You can't get angry about that. At the end of the day, PopSugar Must Have is a grab bag. Nobody's going to be thrilled with all of it. That's no reason to send them hate mail. You just have to decide if you're satisfied enough to keep giving them 35 of your dollars. I am. I can't wait till next month!

No comments: