Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Actually Cute Inexpensive Air Fresheners?

 



Okay, so I know this sounds suspect, but bear with me. I saw BzzAgent online, thought it looked like fun, signed up, and next thing I knew, these free Glade products were in my house. I know this sounds like the beginning of some kind of weird sales pitch, but it's totally not, I promise.

The white thing is a fragrance diffuser. It has no branding at all, which makes me so, so happy. I'm the kind of person who rips the labels off of everything. The plastic rips right off of those room sprays, so they look kind of like vases. The branding is very subtly embossed into the plastic on one side. I would actually be fine to leave one of those out in the bathroom, which is probably nice for any guest who might want it and would otherwise have to dig around in the cabinets for it.

I should also mention that these things smell like naturally-occurring smells, not chemicals. We have Pineapple and Mangosteen in the diffuser and our kitchen and living room smell like pineapple upside-down cake, despite the two baby dogs running around. The fragrance mist we're using is Cotton and Italian Mandarin. I don't really know how to explain this, but it just smells like a clean, nice-smelling house, but not like you sprayed anything, which, come to think of it, is somewhat creepy.
I know there's a hand in this picture. Let it go.
Both of these products are refillable, which is great. It's not surprising with the diffuser, and you can picture exactly what that entails, but with the mist, it does away with the waste created by that giant plastic contraption you usually find on the top of bottles. I wish something could be done about the canisters, but this is a step in the right direction, to be sure. When I picked them up, the starter kits were $2.99 for the spray, and $5.99 for the diffuser, so they're much cheaper than the options we usually choose, as well.

Anyway, I'm genuinely happy BzzAgent alerted me to the existence of these things. I would never have noticed them before, so I wanted to share. They're pretty inoffensive-looking, as far as air-fresheners go, right?

No comments: