Monday, April 15, 2013

Makeup Fun with New Neutrogena Goodies



I recently had a chance to try Neutrogena MoistureSmooth Color Sticks in Sweet Watermelon, Crease Proof Eye Shadow in Constant Copper and Lasting Taupe, and Healthy Lengths Mascara
through BzzAgent.

I was so excited to see the Color Stick, already being a huge fan of the equivalent product by Revlon.
Neutrogena's Color Stick has the same stay-put color (it won't come off on teeth, seriously!) and rich moisture, but has a pleasant fruity scent that sets it apart. I love that the color is buildable, so a shade like Sweet Watermelon that would look awful on someone with my skin tone in a lipstick adds a pretty translucent pink sheen to my lips, when used sparingly.


I'm happy I had the opportunity to try two shades of Crease Proof Eye Shadow. I have pale, cool-tone skin and blue eyes, and Constant Copper would not look right on me at all. Lasting Taupe looked good, though. The eye shadows provide very subtle, sheer color, which is good for daytime. If you're looking to create a dramatic eye, I wouldn't recommend this product, but if you're going for a very subdued, natural look, this is great. The shadow stayed absolutely put until I took it off with eye makeup remover at the end of a long day, and I didn't even use a primer!

I handed Constant Copper off to one of my friends (hi, Erin!) and her thoughts about the eyeshadow pretty much aligned with mine. She added that the color is smooth, and indeed crease-proof (as the name implies), but she was skeptical about the value of the crease-proof claim, as she doesn't normally notice creasing issues with her other shadows. An excellent point! I saw the shadow on Erin and it looked very nice, and subtle as the other shade. Pretty, but natural.


Last, but very much the opposite of least, Healthy Lengths Mascara is the one that's really going to be a new staple in my makeup bag. It adds natural-looking length and thickness while keeping lashes looking soft, not crunchy. This is perfect for everyday, no-drama looks.

All told, I was pretty satisfied with the quality of this loot, and would recommend any of these products for natural, easy daytime looks.

No comments: