Wednesday, October 24, 2012

My First Stitch Fix!!

Wow. This has been a while in the making. A couple days ago, my first Stitch Fix came in the mail! If you already know what this is, commence ogling of photos. If not, read on.

Stitch Fix is a by-mail styling service. You fill out an exhaustive survey about your fashion likes and dislikes, size, and spending preferences, and they send you five items to try on. You pay for what you keep and send the rest back to them. Postage is covered both ways. The cost is $20 per shipment, which you get back as a credit if you decide to buy anything in the box. If you don't want anything, you're just out the $20. Pretty cool, right?

Here's what I got:


Coin Necklace by Luxe, $45



 Sheer top by Daniel Rainn, $68


 Riding Jacket by Finders Keepers, $110



 Boatneck dress by Mystree, $75



Jersey Crossfront Dress by Amour Vert, $120

The only thing I kept out of this box was the dress by Amour Vert. It's gorgeous and extremely versatile. I hate to put it in these terms, but you could wear it to a cocktail party or a funeral. It was the most expensive item in the box at $120, but I think worth it for something that's going to get so much wear.

I was very bummed that the Daniel Rainn top didn't work out. Can you believe the print on that fabric? It's beautiful! The tie on the top hits around the top of the hips, which cooperated with my chest to made a giant bubble hiding my waist, which is about the last thing I'm looking for in an article of clothing. The other pieces just weren't right for me.

What do you think of the box? Would you try this out?

2 comments:

CKron said...

LOVE the bird blouse! You're brave to order items online - I gotta try that stuff on.

mm said...

It's so pretty! I gasped when I saw it. Why, blouse, why???