|There is no good picture of this, as I can't touch it without eating it.|
The box also came with a recipe card for butternut squash soup, to be made with one of the included spice blends. That recipe can be found here. Below, we adapted it to use ingredients that were already on hand, and the results were just insane. Like, I should just make pots and pots of this and eat it for every meal. It would make life easier.
Pumpkin Apple Soup (adapted from this)
(makes 6 bowls)3 tbsp olive oil
1 large onion, diced
3 Granny Smith apples, diced
4 cloves garlic, diced
1 tablespoon Yemen no. 10 spice blend*
1 square inch fresh ginger, grated
2 tablespoons brown sugar
1 good-sized pie pumpkin, skinned, seeded, and chopped**
4 cans chicken broth
1/2 cup whole milk
*Blend of ginger, cinnamon, clove, and spices. Not sure what the other spices are, but you could approximate this with a blend of the first three.
**Mine was a little under 6" in diameter.
1. Heat olive oil. Add onions, apples, and garlic. Cook 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
2. Stir in spice blend, ginger, and brown sugar. Cook 5 minutes.
3. Add pumpkin and chicken broth. Bring to boil. Reduce heat and simmer 1 hour, covered.
4. Stir in milk. Bring to boil. Simmer 5 minutes.
5. Strain out solids and blend in heat-safe blender (or food processor, or using immersion blender) with about half of the liquid, working in batches if needed. Add more liquid and re-blend until you reach a consistency that looks good to you.
YUMMM!!! And Happy Thanksgiving! Have a wonderful holiday!